India ~ First 12 days at KGH

I am so far behind on blogging! I guess my last post was about my trip over, so I have a lot to cover!

I've been at KGH for 12 days. I didn't sleep well when I first got here but now I am sleeping almost too well! I nearly slept through breakfast this morning! I eat breakfast with the girls at 8, then I will be prepping to teach something in the home school which starts at 9:30. I'm not sure what I'm going to be teaching yet. Last week was a week to adjust and this week I've taught math and English but I don't know what I'll continue teaching. After that I do some prep work for the computer class and then I go and have lunch with the girls. After lunch the children all go back to school and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. It's a very laid back atmosphere but I need to keep myself occupied! The home school children have English with Jayne and Kannada and Hindi with Roopa in the afternoons so there isn't anything I can teach then. I have been doing more prep for computers in the afternoon because I really don't know what I'm doing, but once I get that sorted out I'll have to look for something else to keep busy with. The girls seem to have rather busy schedules and not a whole lot of free time. On Monday (which was a holiday) I thought some of them were free and we were playing a game, but it turned out they were supposed to be studying!

I have 9 girls in my computer class although I thought I was supposed to have 12. I don't know where the other 3 have been during class time. I'm focusing on writing informal letters first and getting the "boring" stuff done before we get into research and other stuff online. I hope I am able to teach them something as I am not the best with computers. They all seem quite happy to be learning though, so that's always a good thing!


So, that's a rundown of my time here. I'm such a boring blogger! And I can't upload photos at the moment as I'm uploading a video to facebook and the internet isn't very good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment